- Chlamydia is seen in 1 to 4% of all pregnant women, and it gives generally no symptoms
- Pregnant women with known exposure, symptoms or other known sexual transmitted disease should be examined
- Symptoms are increased vaginal discharge, pain and fever
- Diagnosis is made by a swab from the urethra or cervix
- Treatment is antibiotics
- How many pregnant women have Chlamydia?
- Chlamydia bacterium found in 1-4% of all pregnant women. Chlamydia occurs most frequently in young sexually active women.
Symptoms of chlamydia
Chlamydia infection does not always obvious symptoms, but symptoms are increased or foul-smelling vaginal discharge, pain or fever. Diagnosed with a swab from the woman’s vagina and urethra. The answer is positive, the infection is treated with antibiotics.
Chlamydia will most often be without symptoms during pregnancy. Have a pregnant chlamydia, this could give eye-and lung inflammation in the newborn child.
Chlamydia in not pregnant can lead to pelvic infection and lead to subsequent infertility.
Screening for Chlamydia
The health protection agency does not recommend general screening of pregnant women, but only by pregnant women.
Chlamydia? No more!
Free Pregnancy Ultrasound Clinic | Sonogram
Forecast for the Federal Budget: Implications for STD …
Rash Chart Related Keywords
Maternal Center: STD: Condyloma Acuminata
Escitalopram (escitalopram) , also known as: Lexapro
Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Dependence during …
Things To Know About Pelvic Inflammatory Disease …
Acute pelvic inflammatory disease ( ahmed walid anwar morad)
A 66 Pill Images (Pink / Capsule-shape)
Male Reproductive System
Legionella Test Kits
Vaginal Discharge Syndromes: Vaginal Infections and …
Chlamydia During Pregnancy
The gallery for –> Std Chlamydia Bumps
STD’s Human Sexuality Unit.
Cervicitis: Background, Etiology, Epidemiology